Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!


Happy Father's Day!! We enjoyed a quiet day at home today for David's first Father's Day. David just wanted to grill steaks and hang out with us, so that's exactly what we did! We had a lovely late lunch / early dinner, followed by dunk in the pool. That's right, Timothy's first dip in the swimming pool! I wish I could report that some cute reaction, but he really couldn't have cared less. We get a much better reaction when he is bathing in the bathroom sink! He was sleeping when we walked up to the pool and the water was soooo warm, he stayed asleep for the first few minutes when David walked him into the water! Since he didn't have a meltdown, I am going to call him a "water baby". Next time we venture to the pool we'll have to do it when it isn't naptime. 


Last Sunday, Timothy was baptized at Peachtree Presbyterian Church. He was a perfect little angel and slept right through the service. My parents, sister, aunt, uncle, and cousins came down from NJ and NY. David's parents came from NC and Augusta, GA. He looked so angelic in his baptism gown. My very talented mother made the gown out of the train from her wedding dress!! She asked if I would like her to made his gown out of my wedding dress but I wasn't ready to part with my dress yet!

Papa & Mimi Harrison

Grandpa & Grandma Chandler

GramMee & Poppi Mee

Great Uncle Tom & Great Aunt Dorothy (my Godparents)

Cousin Mary Beth, hubby John and their son Ryan enjoyed their visit to Atlanta too. We saw David & Micah play music at St Angelo's on Friday night...
Sunday evening we grilled at the house and Ryan played with his new buddy, Aveda (he calls her 'veda)
Ryan found the best seat in the house!
Monday, we all went to the Georgia Aquarium and saw starfish...
...and penguins...
...and crabs!

Timothy enjoyed the view Aunt Mar Mar provided :)

On a closing note, Timothy will be 12 weeks old tomorrow which sadly means that my maternity leave is over. Thankfully I have a great job that allows me to work from home most of the time so I can continue nursing and won't have to drop the little one off at daycare. But most of all, I am thankful for our awesome "nanny" that will love on my boy like family, oh wait she IS family! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment