Monday, April 5, 2010

03/29/2010 Timothy Noel Harrison's BIRTH day!

Our sweet little angel has arrived! Timothy Noel Harrison was born on Monday, March 29th at 8:18pm. He weighed in at 8 pounds, 13 ounces and is 20 1/2" long. He arrived 12 days before his due date thanks to Mom's high blood pressure. After being on bed rest all weekend to try to reduce my blood pressure, we went back to the OB on Monday morning for a follow up. Blood pressure was up even higher than on Friday so we were sent straight to Labor & Delivery. Upon arrival, I was hooked up to a fetal monitor and a contraction monitor. I was having contractions 5 minutes apart and didn't even realize it! I was given pitocin to augment labor at 12 noon. At 3:08p the Dr broke my water and 5 hours and 10 minutes later, Timothy was born! David and I had taken Bradley Method childbirth classes that focus on natural unmedicated childbirth. I am proud to say that I birthed this big boy without any pain medication!! My husband was a fantastic labor coach - he kept me calm and must have told me what an awesome job I was doing 1500 times. :)


Ready to get this show on the road!

He's here!!!

The proud daddy and his son

8 pounds 12.7 oz (and 12 days early!)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats again to both of you. I STILL can't believe you did this au naturale! Team Harrison must have been in full force at the hospital!

    ReplyDelete